The Black Side of Milwaukee
The Milwaukee metropolitan area is the most segregated region in the entire U.S. It’s been pronounced the “worst city for Black people”.
Carla Cross has made a difference in this area through the real estate industry. Her company, Cross Management Services, helps commercial real estate projects meet their diversity and inclusion goals.
Over the last 20 years, she’s worked on projects such as the Fiserv Forum, Lambeau Field, Harley-Davidson Museum, and many more.
Learn about Carla Cross’s journey as Luis explains the unfortunate side of Milwaukee, Wisconsin. In this episode, you’ll learn about the city’s Black and White racial issues that have grown out of control over the last century.
Useful Resources & References
- Carla Cross – CEO, Diversity & Inclusion Expert
- Rafael Garcia – CEO, Investor, Affordable Housing Expert
- Romke de Haan – Digital Strategist
Companies & Organizations
- Cross Management Services – Supplier and Workforce Diversity Consulting and Coordination
- Community First – Nonprofit Affordable Housing Organization
- Heartland Housing – Develops and manages sustainable, innovative, and high-quality affordable housing
- ACRE Program – Program that recruits and retains people of color for careers in commercial real estate
- i.c.stars – Provides low-income young adults with an opportunity to develop skills in business and technology